Wednesday, October 1, 2008

An event a long time in the making!



Zackary is finally walking!!!  !!!

It only took 18 months!  I guess this is how he does things, though.  He was 13 months when he started crawling.  Zack must be a little perfectionist.  For weeks, Zack was capable of walking on his own, but he refused to.  He would hold on to someone's finger, even the very tip of someone's finger, but once you let go, he'd immediately sit down.  We tried every trick in the book to get him to walk to us, but he refused to fall for them.  Earlier this week David found a way to get Zack to feel secure walking without us actually doing anything, and voila!  We have ourselves a walker!  

Watch this video.  Keep in mind that this is the very first time Zack has ever walked unassisted. He waited until he was confident enough walking that he wouldn't fall down.  Perfectionist? 


Other less exciting news:

- I found a black widow spider web in my room.  Then I found the black widow spider in my room.  Where I sleep.  Creepy.  Then I sprayed spider killer on it and all around my room, my baby's room and the rest of the house.  I hope it's dead now.  I don't like spiders.

- Some kid puked in my purse the other day

- I saw Ghost Town last night.  It was hilarious!  And heartwarming. I really liked it.

- Chicken Tikka Masala from Bombay house is awesome!  Go there someday!

6 comments:

Adam and Andrea Daveline said...

Hooray for Zac!!! That is so cute. I am sure he just thought it all through and said, "Yeah, I will wait till I know how to do this perfectly so I don't fall". What a sweetheart!

Unknown said...

Aww... he's so adorable! What a sweetheart. Now, life will be that much busier for you guys having him on the run! :)

Cami said...

Aw! That's so cute! So what was this trick David thought of to get him to walk alone?

Seidi said...

Congratulations!! Laurel!! I love you and miss you so much. How are you? Obviously good because you have such a darling little boy. Hope everything is good. We should do lunch sometime. It's been way too long. Love you much!

The Erin said...

Oh wow, that shirt is amazing. It fits so well with the moment too!
Lock up your daughters, Zack is up and walking!

trumpet girl said...

He is such a cutie! I am excited that I found your blog. Check mine out at laurasledger.blogspot.com.
Laura Lee