It's been a while since I posted. Here's what's happened since then.
--We finally got our own washer! It was a hand-me-down from David's parents. And we still don't have a dryer, so I hang dry all our clothes. It's not ideal. Still, it's much better than dragging our laundry with us to do at other people's houses
--We got a new car. Well, it was used, but it's nice! (Pictures to come later) This is a big deal because now I have a car, too! YAY! No more being cooped up all day with no way out!!
--Zackary had ear infections in both ears. NOT fun! For about a week I had an angry, whiny, clingy, crying, unhappy, miserable, dehydrated, not sleeping, fever-y baby (Are you getting the feeling this week SUCKED?...cause it did...a LOT!) Poor Zacky!! I couldn't get him to drink ANYthing for a week. No matter what it was! Not even popsicles worked.
--Zack is still not crawling yet, at least not forward. I'm not worried. He's just taking his time, and in the meantime, my life is easier. He continues to push himself backwards into corners and under chairs and between furniture like so:
Also, somehow he manages to eat any little piece of paper/wrapper/napkin/reciept/leaf/baby wipe/sticker/piece of wicker basket/feather/piece of plastic/fingernail or toenail on the floor, no matter where/what it is.(Note: All of these things I have found either in his mouth or just about to go in). Even if I inspected the floor carefully before I put him down, even if I just barely vacuumed, he'll find something bad to put in his mouth. He tried to eat a bug once, but he couldn't pick it up because it kept moving. I expect this to get worse before it gets better. Thank goodness we don't have pets!!
--I got a job!! A few hours a week, I go to various Elementary schools and teach/direct a children's show. It's a great way to get out of the house and do something I enjoy. Plus I'm earning a little money. No downside so far!
--For the first time in my marriage, I've been making dinner consistently. This is a big deal! I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I've been a terrible homemaker! On average, David and I ate out 4-5 times a week. A WEEK! Needless to say, we were spending way too much money eating out. Plus, when I went grocery shopping I didn't buy ingredients. So although we had just spent a bunch of money on food, we still didn't really have anything to eat. If I did make dinner it was almost always Spaghetti, Pasta Roni, Hamburger Helper (If we were lucky!), Grilled Cheese, Nachos or Quesadillas. I finally realized it's not that hard to buy ingredients from the store and make recipies. So, I am now on the lookout for simple and delicious recipies. Maybe one day I'll make more complicated things, but one step at a time... So far I've successfully made: Springtime Noodles, Beef Stew, Chicken and Broccoli Casserole, Poppyseed Chicken, Sweet and Sour Meatballs, Asian Beef and Noodle, Garlic Chicken Marinade and Breakfast Sandwiches. And I've discovered something amazing--leftovers!! Now, I don't have to make myself lunch (which used to be- Ramen, Hot Pockets, Grilled cheese...you get the idea). Now I just warm up some leftovers and I've got a healthy, easy meal. You'd think this would be common sense, but apparently it's not. I'm just glad I figured it out! Now, in the last 2 or 3 weeks we've only eaten out twice! That is a major record!! (Is my life boring or WHAT? If this is the most exciting news I've got... :) )
Some semi-exciting news!!
Zack's head has gone from looking like this:

4 comments:
I am so happy to know that you are still alive!!! Cute post... and I am sorry that the week was not so good. But YAY for a little job and for making dinner and baby hair!!!
Hello Laurel! I'm planning another trip to Ikea--shall we meet? Good luck doing a play this year! That sounds like a lot of fun. Yoga rocks.
Zack is adorable, Laurel!
And don't dryers make life easier? :)
YAY for Zacky!!! He's getting so big! We definitely need to get together soon. I'm all booked up for this week but maybe early next week. Let me know what you can do. We have a park nearby that would be fun with the little people.
Post a Comment