Thursday, February 7, 2008

Enough with the snow and wind, already!

Seriously...it's WAY too cold lately.  I'm sitting here at home just listening to the wind run wild outside. All sorts of debris is blowing around out there, crashing all up on my windows and door, and I'm home alone.  It's a little bit unnerving.   It seems like every time I go outside, there's a new fresh blanket of snow.  And I know it's good for the drought-yadda, yadda, yadda-snow pack in the mountains-blah, blah, blah.  But, I'm COLD and BORED!  Bored because we only have one car which my husband needs to transport himself to and from school and his 2 jobs.  Which leaves me stuck inside with the baby all day.   Sometimes, a kind soul takes pity on me (usually my mom) and comes to visit, or even picks me up and takes me somewhere.  So, here I am hibernating until the weather decides to give us a break and warm up a little.  I'm guessing the groundhog saw his shadow.  Or didn't see it.  Whichever one means this winter's never going to end. 

I make it sound like I never get out.  That's an exaggeration.  I almost never get out.  In fact, I went up to Sandy visit a couple of really good friends just a few days ago (By the way Hilly and Amy, you're both pretty and I love you! Let's hang out more).  Plus, I usually have a girls night with my sisters-in-law once a week.  Ooh, and I went to a belly dancing class that my friend teaches.  So-thank you to all those who were involved with getting me out of the house this week.  It really takes a lot to get me moving.

Well, while I'm cooped up in my house (and when Zackary's asleep), once in a while I do something productive.  For example, the T-shirt quilt I mentioned a few posts back.  It's coming along slowly.  Veeerrry slowly.  Mostly because it's really annoying to cut a million little fabric squares.  At any rate, here is a picture of the progress so far.

This is only about half of the size of the quilt I want, so a lot more cutting of fabric still needs to happen.  

There are a few things I waste, i mean, spend my time doing that are entertaining.  I watch TV, read stupid magazines, and go to Engrish.com, which provides a lot of laughs. Engrish.com is a website where people send in pictures of funny English translations from foreign countries (mostly Japan and China).

 Here is just a sample of the funniness (actual word?) contained within:





All these remind me of the month I spent in China.  Engrish was everywhere!  If anyone needs a little pick-me-up, spend a few minutes on this site and your day will feel a little happier.  


4 comments:

Amy said...

Ha! Ah- Engrish. Good stuff, Laurel. Let's play again. Sniffle.

Adam and Andrea Daveline said...

Miss Laurel! I can't believe that you are making a quilt from scratch! Way to go Susie home maker!

Courtnie said...

I am so glad that you found me! Make sure you keep in touch and I will comment on here too! :) I miss you all! -Court

Triana Ord said...

GOOOO YOU!!! I think its amazing that you're making a quilt of all those shirts... that gives me an idea. We need to get the boys together again (aka I need some Laurel time!)