Today I drove by the BYU campus for the first time in months and saw that the Knight Mangum Building had been torn down. Even though I knew the building had been demolished, I wasn't prepared to see, well, nothing. This wasn't just some building that I occasionally went to. I spent the majority of my time in college in this building. All my voice lessons were in there, several dance classes, and Young Ambassadors rehearsals. So, I daresay hundreds or maybe thousands of hours were spent in this building. Still, I wasn't expecting the sudden rush of emotions that came when instead of the familiar old KMB, I saw a big flat dirt lot. Unfortunately, my camera wasn't with me, so I couldn't take pictures of the empty lot, but I did find a picture of the building being torn down. Hope it's not illegal.
So, goodbye KMB! You will be missed!
4 comments:
Yeah... we were in town last weekend for Cindy's wedding and I saw it from a couple blocks away while getting gas.
I got a little choked up myself.
OH man, remind me not to drive by there. . .
Sniffle. I took pics with it right before it was torn down. It's about time, Laurel! You need to update more!!! :-) MWAH!
oooh man ... that is crazy. thanks of rposting htese pics. i'll most likely not be back to ut until there is a new building there at some point.
soooooo sad :(
Post a Comment